Medium term plan 2001 - 2003
- The International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management (ICLARM) presents its Medium Term Plan (MTP) for 2001-2003 for the consideration by TAC and members of the CGIAR. The Plan has been developed in a period when there is growing public discontent over the limitations of global fish catches from natural environments and the provision of adequate nutrition for the burgeoning human population, especially in developing countries. The current plan reflects five influences:
- 1) Continuity and an annual update of earlier plans based on a consultative development process undertaken in 1996 and 1997 which prioritized the institute's activities for the forthcoming three to five year period. This sequence commenced with the period 1998- 2000.
- 2) The outcomes and research directions arising from ICLARM's recent strategic planning process.
- 3) The review and guidance provided by the second External Program and Management Review of ICLARM completed in early 1999.
- 4) The adoption for the first time of a centre-level logframe and the revision of the TAC activity categories.
- 5) An evolution of earlier activities based on emerging issues and new research opportunities in high priority areas.
ICLARM - The World Fish Center